Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gilmer Intermediate has gotten off to a GREAT school year!  So many exciting things are happening here.  

GIS 5th Graders participated in a team building activity with their homeroom classes.  They were given a sheet of paper with multiple squares.  There were four strings tied to a marker.  Each string was controlled by a student in the class.  In order to complete the task, students had to make a dot in each square...Pretty TOUGH!!  Find out what the kids learned from the activity...


 I spoke to two 5th graders, Mason Hurt and Luke Watson, who told me all about this task...

"We were doing a team-building activity to start the year off."

When I asked them why they were doing this, they told me "we were learning to work together and how to communicate as a class".

The activity really looked like a lot of fun, but I wanted to know what they learned from it.  They replied "We learned how to communicate and work together.  We have to do those things every day in class and even when we play sports".

Guess what their favorite thing is about Gilmer Intermediate... "having more choices"!!!

It is always exciting to have students doing challenging and fun activities at school.  I am sure this is one that they will remember!! 

BIG THANKS to Mason and Luke for letting me interview them about their experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment